Stress and Tension-Related Problems and CranioSacral Therapy
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website, but grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Stress and Tension-Related Problems and CranioSacral Therapy.
- CranioSacral Therapy....What is it really?
- Low back pain is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical care
- The CranioSacral Still Point
- CranioSacral Therapy - Anxiety
- CranioSacral Therapy - Anxiety and Nervous System
- CranioSacral Therapy - Anxiety and Poor Sleep
- Comparative Study of Muscle Energy Technique, CranioSacral Therapy, and sensory-motor training effects on postural control in patients with Nonspecific chronic low back pain
- Stress, Solitude, and Being Single
- CranioSacral Therapy explores the History of your body while easing Pain and Stress
- CranioSacral Therapy for Health and Wellness
- CranioSacral Therapy Effectively Treats Chronic Pain
- For Better Health : Specialist Shares Simple Self Techniques to Alleviate Pain
- The Top 15 Techniques To Learn Now
- CranioSacral Therapy - Headache and Muscle Tension
- CranioSacral Therapy - Acute Pain and PTSD
- Mindfulness Is Aetna CEO's Prescription for Success
- CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY CAN HELP DECREASE STRESS AND IMPROVE FERTILITY
- How craniosacral therapy can help reduce a child's stress
- Having my head rubbed like a baby cured my stress: After her father died and she lost her job at a glossy magazine all in the same year, one woman tries craniosacral therapy
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Cell Patterns
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
Additional Services and Information
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Upledger Institute Clinic
The Upledger Institute Clinic is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida in 1985 by Dr. John E. Upledger, who is celebrated for his development of CranioSacral Therapy. Clinicians here are carefully selected for their advanced skills in CranioSacral Therapy and maintain the authenticity of Dr. John E. Upledger's orginal therapeutic approach. Individual sessions and intensive therapy programs are offered.
The clinic also offers other holistic approaches that activate your own remarkable healing capabilities such as acupuncture, chiropractic, lymph drainage, massage therapy, neural manipulation, total body balancing, qigong, and visceral manipulation.
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation was formed to raise awareness, support and treatment for CranioSacral Therapy. We hope you join us as we continue the legacy of giving to the CranioSacral Therapy community and those who benefit from the work. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. For more information on the foundation please visit www.upledger.org or donate to the Autism Fund.
Support the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation Inc. by selecting us as your nonprofit when you shop at smile.amazon.org, Amazon donates a small portion of your purchase.
Click to read more testimonials.
- CranioSacral Therapy Case Study - Arthritis/Reflux/PTSD
- CranioSacral Therapy Case Study - PTSD/Anxiety/Depression
- CranioSacral Therapy Case Study - PTSD
- Treating the Sequelae of Postoperative Meningioma and Traumatic Brain Injury: A Case of Implementation of Craniosacral Therapy in Integrative Inpatient Care
Click to see more Case Studies
Your Inner Physician and You by Dr. John E. Upledger, DO
This lively book describes the discovery and therapeutic value of the craniosacral system in easy, understandable terms healthcare professionals and laypeople alike can understand.
An Answer to Your Pain by Upledger Institute International, Inc.
This compendium of case stories has been written by practitioners to share with you the power and possibilities of CST. These case stories serve as a testament that CranioSacral Therapy may be an answer to your pain.
Reclaiming Your Body by Suzanne Scurlock-Duranna, CMT, CST-D
Reclaiming Your Body: Healing from Trauma and Awakening to Your Body’s Wisdom shows that the body’s abilities are always available; we must simply learn to tune into them.
Brain Stars, Glia Illuminating CranioSacral Therapy by Tad Wanveer
The author, Tad Wanveer, is also the illustrator of this book. He uses an abundance of images along with words to convey the essential interworking of neurons, glia, vasculature, and the craniosacral system (CSS). Glial cell function was once thought to primarily provide the central nervous system (CNS) with structural support.
CST: Touchstone for Natural Healing by Dr. John E. Upledger, DO
This delightful and thoroughly readable book expands on concepts originally presented in Your Inner Physician and You to offer new insights into the promise of CranioSacral Therapy. CranioSacral Therapy: Touchstone for Natural Healing is packed with fresh information, and uses poignant case stories of restored health: a five-year old autistic boy, a man with Erb's palsy, a woman with a 15-year history of headaches, and many more.
Click for a complete product list of books.