Sleep Challenges and CranioSacral Therapy
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website, but grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Sleep Challenges and CranioSacral Therapy.
- I Went to Sleep Boot Camp to Find Insomnia Cures That Actually Work
- CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY AS SUPPORT FOR A COMPLEX MEDICAL CONDITION
- How CranioSacral Therapy Activates the Body's Self-Healing
- CranioSacral Therapy - Sensory Integration Dysfunction in a Child
- Manual therapy for the pediatric population: a systematic review
- CranioSacral Therapy - Anxiety and Poor Sleep
- The use and benefits of Craniosacral Therapy in primary health care: a prospective cohort study
- Treatment and Prognosis for Post Concussion Syndrome
- CranioSacral Therapy explores the History of your body while easing Pain and Stress
- Chiropractic, Zentherapy, CranioSacral Treatments
- Pippa Midleton Is Treating Her Son With Cranial Osteopathy Therapy To Rebalance His Body
- How Long Does Colic Last? Don't Worry This Too Shall Pass
- Chiropractic care of a pediatric patient with symptoms associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease, fuss-cry-irritability with sleep disorder syndrome and irritable infant syndrome of musculoskeletal origin
- Upledger CranioSacral Immersion Report for Dr. John E. Upledger Program for Military Post-Traumatic Stress
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
Additional Services and Information
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Upledger Institute Clinic
The Upledger Institute Clinic is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida in 1985 by Dr. John E. Upledger, who is celebrated for his development of CranioSacral Therapy. Clinicians here are carefully selected for their advanced skills in CranioSacral Therapy and maintain the authenticity of Dr. John E. Upledger's orginal therapeutic approach. Individual sessions and intensive therapy programs are offered.
The clinic also offers other holistic approaches that activate your own remarkable healing capabilities such as acupuncture, chiropractic, lymph drainage, massage therapy, neural manipulation, total body balancing, qigong, and visceral manipulation.
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation was formed to raise awareness, support and treatment for CranioSacral Therapy. We hope you join us as we continue the legacy of giving to the CranioSacral Therapy community and those who benefit from the work. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. For more information on the foundation please visit www.upledger.org or donate to the Autism Fund.
Support the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation Inc. by selecting us as your nonprofit when you shop at smile.amazon.org, Amazon donates a small portion of your purchase.
Click to read more testimonials.
- CranioSacral Therapy - Headaches/Pain
- CranioSacral Therapy and Headaches from Dental Braces
- CranioSacral Therapy and Headaches
Click to see more Case Studies
Your Inner Physician and You by Dr. John E. Upledger, DO
This lively book describes the discovery and therapeutic value of the craniosacral system in easy, understandable terms healthcare professionals and laypeople alike can understand.
Understanding the Messages of Your Body by Jean Pierre Barral, DO
In this book, Barral discusses each organ and its complex relationship with the rest of the body, explaining how pain can originate with an emotional upset that creates distress in an organ, or how a physically damaged organ can cause emotional problems.
An Answer to Your Pain by Upledger Institute International, Inc.
This compendium of case stories has been written by practitioners to share with you the power and possibilities of CST. These case stories serve as a testament that CranioSacral Therapy may be an answer to your pain.
CST: Touchstone for Natural Healing by Dr. John E. Upledger, DO
This delightful and thoroughly readable book expands on concepts originally presented in Your Inner Physician and You to offer new insights into the promise of CranioSacral Therapy. CranioSacral Therapy: Touchstone for Natural Healing is packed with fresh information, and uses poignant case stories of restored health: a five-year old autistic boy, a man with Erb's palsy, a woman with a 15-year history of headaches, and many more.
SomatoEmotional Release: Deciphering the Language of Life by Dr John E. Upledger, DO
Dr. Upledger leads us down his path to discovery of this process, taking us through many of the experiences that have shaped his understanding of the body's inner wisdom. It is a book that compels-and dares-each of us to look beyond the surface dimension of our being to find that place from which true and lasting healing can take place.
Brain Stars, Glia Illuminating CranioSacral Therapy by Tad Wanveer
The author, Tad Wanveer, is also the illustrator of this book. He uses an abundance of images along with words to convey the essential interworking of neurons, glia, vasculature, and the craniosacral system (CSS). Glial cell function was once thought to primarily provide the central nervous system (CNS) with structural support.
Still Point Inducer™
Use this simple, yet effective, healthcare device inspired by Dr. John E. Upledger and created by John Matthew Upledger, which has been shown to create soothing Still Points like those you can achieve when receiving CranioSacral Therapy. Applying gentle pressure to specific points on the back of your head has been shown to help release tissue tension and improve the body's ability to naturally relieve pain and stress.
Click for a complete product list of books.