Autism and Sensory Processing and CranioSacral Therapy
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
The following are select resources most commonly requested and available throughout our website, but grouped here for your convenience for the topic of Autism.
- It Takes a Village
- CranioSacral Therapy Applications for Autism
- The Use of Craniosacral Therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorders: Benefits from the Viewpoints of Parents, Clients, and Therapists
- Effectiveness of Combined Approach of CranioSacral Therapy (CST) and Sensory-Integration Therapy (SIT) on Reducing Features in Children with Autism
- The Right Touch: CranioSacral Therapy for Kids with Special Needs
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: How CranioSacral Therapy Can Help
- Unique Studies of CranioSacral System Being Conducted at MSU Osteopathic College
- CranioSacral Therapy and Autism: Observations, Experiences and Concepts by John E. Upledger, D.O., O.M.M.
- Willingness to try and lifetime use of complementary and alternative medicine in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder in Germany: A survey of parents
- Upledger CranioSacral Therapy gave my child recovery from an autism spectrum diagnosis
- CranioSacral Therapy and Autism: Observations, Experiences, and Concepts
- Sensory Processing Disorder & Autism Parent Support
- Craniosacral Therapy and Autism
- CranioSacral Therapy & Autism: A story of Success
- THIS IS WHAT SENSORY PROCESSING DISORDER FEELS LIKE TO PEOPLE WITH AUTISM
- CranioSacral Therapy and Autism
- The Lost Years: One family’s journey to recovery from autism
- YOU MUST UNDERSTAND HOW TO TEACH DOCTORS ABOUT TOUCH & AUTISM
- Integrative Approaches to Caring for Children with Autism
- Factors related to parents' choices of treatments for their children with autism spectrum disorder
- Study finds altered brain growth patterns that predict autism
- When Gut Bacteria Changes Brain Function
- The role of astrocytes in the developing brain
- Talking sense: What sensory processing disorder says about Autism
- Brain's immune cells show intriguing links to autism
- CST for Kids with Special Needs
- Autistic children: Preliminary physiologic, structural, and craniosacral evaluations
- Portrait of Light and Love: An Artistic Journey Through Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: How CranioSacral Therapy Can Help
For a complete list of articles and research, visit our Searchable Article Database
- Fireside Chats with John Matthew Upledger: "CranioSacral Therapy and Autism"
- Dr. John E. Upledger's Congressional Testimony
- Upledger CranioSacral Therapy Helps Autism
- Miracle Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy for TMJ and Autism
Click to watch more videos about CranioSacral Therapy.
Additional Services and Information
- Find a Practitioner in Your Area
- Discover CranioSacral Therapy for Children Brochures (Pack of 100)
- Discover CranioSacral Therapy for Autism Spectrum, ADHD, and Sensory Processing Disorders Brochures (Pack of 100)
Click for a complete list of patient information and resources.
Upledger Institute Clinic
The Upledger Institute Clinic is located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida in 1985 by Dr. John E. Upledger, who is celebrated for his development of CranioSacral Therapy. Clinicians here are carefully selected for their advanced skills in CranioSacral Therapy and maintain the authenticity of Dr. John E. Upledger's orginal therapeutic approach. Individual sessions and intensive therapy programs are offered.
The clinic also offers other holistic approaches that activate your own remarkable healing capabilities such as acupuncture, chiropractic, lymph drainage, massage therapy, neural manipulation, total body balancing, qigong, and visceral manipulation.
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation
The Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation was formed to raise awareness, support and treatment for CranioSacral Therapy. We hope you join us as we continue the legacy of giving to the CranioSacral Therapy community and those who benefit from the work. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. For more information on the foundation please visit www.upledger.org or donate to support the Alzheimer's Intensive Therapy Program.
Support the Dr. John E. Upledger Foundation Inc. by selecting us as your nonprofit when you shop at smile.amazon.org, Amazon donates a small portion of your purchase.
- CranioSacral Case Study - Autism
- Faecal Calprotectin and a Twenty-Four-Parameter Questionnaire in Autistic Children with Gastrointestinal Symptoms
- Autism, Hip Dysplasia and CranioSacral Therapy
- Child Autism and CranioSacral Therapy
Click to see more case studies.
Coming Through the Fog by Tami A. Goldstein
Together mother and daughter learned from this Occupational Therapist how a Sensory Diet, CranioSacral Therapy, and Bio-Medical Therapies can lead to Functioning Recovery.
Everyone Communicates, Learn How to Talk to Me! By Barbara Huntress Tresness
The guidebook to communicating and socializing with nonverbal and limited communicators is for parents, educators, therapists or anyone needing guidance in communicating with a child, grandparent, parent, student with limited communication skills or traumatic brain injury/stroke impacted individual. Reader praise includes "I LOVED the book! It is so clear, inviting and engaging."
From My Hands and Heart by Kate Mackinnon
In From My Hands and Heart, Kate Mackinnon interweaves her personal journey of using CranioSacral Therapy with case studies and detailed, easy-to-understand explanations of the theory behind it.
I Believe in You by Michele Gianetti, R.N.
Michele's writing style mixes imminence and retrospective to create a mixture of pathos and celebration that so rightly fits the life of a child with special needs and the family life (especially parental life) that is built around that child.
The Out-of-Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz
This guide offers comprehensive, easily understood information on SI Dysfunction - and a drug-free treatment approach - for children who need help.
The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun by Carol Stock Kranowitz
This revised edition of the companion volume to The Out-of-Sync Child includes new activities that parents of kids with Sensory Processing Disorder can do at home with their child, along with updated information on which activities are most appropriate for children with coexisting conditions such as Asperger's, autism, and more.
Click for a complete product list of books.
Ready to learn about becoming a certified CST practitioner?