The American CranioSacral Therapy Association (ACSTA) represents and promotes the interests and concerns of the CranioSacral Therapy profession. Membership is open to all CranioSacral Therapy practitioners and proponents of this modality developed by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM.
ACSTA works on behalf of members to:
- Advocate the rights and interests of persons practicing and seeking CranioSacral Therapy.
- Perpetuate a greater understanding and acceptance of CST's benefits within legislative, insurance, public, media and medical domains.
- Support educational and competency standards within the profession.
- Provide a support system for practitioners that offers access to the latest research and practice-building resources.
- Monitor insurance and political outlooks as they relate to complementary healthcare in general and the CST profession in particular.
- Assist in licensure, regulation and healthcare issues as appropriate.
- Build relationships with international affiliates.
- ACSTA members are included in the International Association of Healthcare Practitioners (IAHP) website listing.